About Me

My photo
There is a vast pattern behind the machine we call society. How do we solve the challenges facing us within thermodynamic and environmental constraints that nature imposes?

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Wandering in

I've been meaning to begin a catalog of what I'm thinking about for a while now and practice my writing while doing it. This will be the place I put my more polished thoughts and ideas that I find myself writing down in my offline notebook. I hope by putting these online it will create a conversation and provide a means of improvement by taking advantage of people's comments and questions.

As for me, I am an engineering graduate student in Rochester, NY. I find myself thinking a lot about energy technology and waste issues. But I also think about their intersection with society and governance. So this blog will be tend to be a science and society type blog. Of course, I may wander in that mission.

After all, "The Ambulatory" is named after the aisle within cathedrals for patrons to think and observe while walking... incidentally in circles; wandering, more or less. This blog will be that hall for wandering and thinking for me. Friedrich Nietzsche said, "all truly great thoughts are conceived by walking." Here's to hoping that I'll have one or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment